To raise glutathione There are numerous ways that have been studied clinically and have been proven to work. They fall under groups of drugs, substances, as well as natural products. There are also a variety of ways that will not raise the levels of glutathione in your body. Find out all you should know here.
Glutathione (GSH) is manufactured from three amino acids and they are: glutamine, cysteine and glutamine and glycine.
Of the three of them, cysteine is the most limiting factor in our current diet. From the various methods discussed below, two of them are most studied and require the introduction of cysteine into cells for glutathione production. The two methods discussed Liposomal Reduced Glutathione 1000 mg are prescription drug over-the-counter N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC) and bond cysteine. N-acetyl-cysteine can be found in emergency medication for acetaminophen-related overdoses, and is also the key ingredient for Max GXL, a product. The bonded cysteine, or the cystine product named Immunocal is a nutraceutical that is, a food with medicinal properties. Both have been proven clinically to raise glutathione values.
This list is meant to be a brief overview only.
Here’s an overview of ways to raise glutathione according to Dr. Jimmy Gutman’s bestseller “Glutathione – Your Key To Health”:
How to Increase Glutathione with Drugs or pharmaceuticals:
1. N-Acetyl-Cysteine: Commonly also referred to as NAC. It is a powerful glutathione precursor, which is available as a prescription drug without prescription. NAC has been utilized for years as standard treatment in treating acetaminophen overdose.
2. SAM SAM: also known as S-Adenosyl methionine is made and consumed by the liver. It is available within the USA as SAM-e (pronounced “SAM-ee”). It is a variant of methionine (discussed below) that has been converted partially to cysteine.
3. OTC as well as OTZ Procysteine Ornithine Decarboxylase and the oxothiazolidine are all synthetic delivery source for cysteine. From this perspective, they could function in the same manner as cysteine in the form of free cysteine, however, these medications aren’t readily accessible for doctors or the general public.
4. GSH Monoesters and Diesters: These are synthetic compounds that work in boosting glutathione levels, however they can be metabolized into alcohol, which reduces its levels. There are only a few studies done on humans and their long-term safety remains open to question.
How to increase the amount of glutathione in your body? Natural Products:
1. Methionine (also known as L-Methionine): Methionine is an essential amino acid that may also be used by the body to produce cysteine if enough of it is available. Together, cysteine and methionine comprise two sulfur-containing amino acids. It’s its derivative, SAM, is discussed above.
2. Melatonin Melatonin: It’s a hormone that naturally occurs within the brain. It is produced through the pineal gland. It is a derivative from the amino acid L-tryptophan as well as serotonin, the neurotransmitter.
3. Glutamine It is the greatest free amino acid that are found in our bodies. It helps in boosting glutathione levels. One of the few amino acids that crosses the blood-brain barrier, it is normally plentiful in the diet today.
4. Lipoic Acid: This is also commonly referred to as Alpha-Lipoic Acid. The main functions of this chemical are antioxidants neutralizer of toxins as well as heavy metals, as well as recycler of other antioxidants , such as Vitamin C and Vitamin E.
5. Silymarin: Silymarin is the chemical extracted by the plant milk thistle. This is why, in some cases, these terms are used interchangeably.
6. Glutathione injections: Typically administered by injection as well as intravenously (IV), this is extremely effective to raise the levels of glutathione in blood plasma, however, it does not increase it in the lymphocytes where you’re looking for boosting the immune system.
7. Unnatured Whey Protein also known as bioactive Whey Protein. Immunocal is one example and will be explained in greater detail in the final report of this series.
Additionally, You Need These Factors Necessary For Production:
1. Selenium: A trace element or micronutrient which is most commonly an antioxidant. There are numerous research studies on the effects of selenium on many diseases states and they all agree that the main way this works is through the stimulation of glutathione peroxidase the most important enzyme of glutathione.
2. Vitamin B1, B2 The B1 and B2 vitamins are water soluble vitamins that aid in keeping glutathione and the related enzymes in their active form.
3. Vitamin B6, B12 They are also water soluble vitamins. They play a significant role in the process of synthesising glutathione. B6 is crucial to the function of many amino acids as well as essential fat acids. It also aids with glucose and lipid metabolism.
4. Folic Acid Also called folate, it aids in the creation of DNA and transmission of nerve signals. It’s also proven to aid in the treatment of cardiovascular diseases. Both adults and children require the folic acid in order to prevent iron deficiency or anemia.
5. Vitamin C: Also known as ascorbic acid, this is probably the best known water soluble vitamin. All living things can make their own Vitamin C, but humans cannot, so it must be supplemented.
6. Vitamin E: This is a fat-soluble vitamin that comes in a close second to being the most sought-after supplement in America currently. Alongside its role as an antioxidant Vitamin E has been found to be beneficial in a variety of areas of prevention of disease today. Vitamin E also plays an important role in detoxification.
7. Magnesium, Vanadium, and Zinc The three are also required in smaller quantities to be considered micronutrients that are essential for glutathione production.
So now we know how to raise glutathionelevels, and what other ingredients we need to consume together with our glutathione booster to achieve best effects. We must now ask whether we are able to
What isn’t scientifically proven to increase glutathione levels?
1. oral Glutathione This could be advertised as a supplement to glutathione or be called L-Glutathione, or reduced glutathione. The supplements are all identical. There are numerous products that have been discovered to be rich in glutathione, and you can also buy it in pill or powder in the form of nutritional companies. Why not just eat it? The problem with this strategy is that it is broken into pieces, and a lot of it is eliminated. As a result, this approach will have no impact on the growth of glutathione levels. This is confirmed by studies conducted in medical science, however the public perception that it is effective remains.
2. Cysteine or L-Cysteine: This is very easily oxidized within the digestive tract, much like glutathione. As a result, the absorption into the cells is limited. Cysteine that is absorbed into bloodstreams can be further oxidized , causing more harm than good. Thus, although cysteine is one of the three main building blocks of glutathione has a negligible impact on the growth of glutathione levels.
3. Standard Whey Protein: The whey protein that you buy in the health food store will help build muscle, but it won’t increase the level of glutathione. It is a source of free cysteine, which is explained above.
To conclude, in order to know how to raise glutathione it is essential to know that cysteine is the amino acid which is deficient the most. However, it has to be in a form that can endure the journey from the mouth to the cells. This is something that free cysteine does not do well. In addition, eating glutathione is unhelpful in boosting levels of glutathione. There are two thoroughly researched methods to increase glutathione levels, and they’re two specific kinds of protected cysteine N-acetyl-cysteine as well as bonded cysteine.
Many natural and medicinal products can help us increase glutathione in a very efficient manner. NAC, also known as N-acetyl-cysteine, is potent drug used in the field of toxicology, critical care and the field of pulmonary medicine. It is well-researched and clinically proven useful in increasing glutathione levels. Max GXL makes use of N-acetyl-cysteine to raise glutathione.
Many natural products either support or direct us on the best way to boost glutathione levels. Undenatured whey protein is also an extremely efficient method that utilizes the bonded cysteine. We are going to learn more about an undenatured protein called Immunocal in our next blog.
Keep an eye out for the last installment of our Basic Glutathione Series , entitled: “What is the safest, most effective way to raise and and sustain my glutathione levels?”